On Wed, 19 Jun 2024 21:22:10 GMT, Maurizio Cimadamore <mcimadam...@openjdk.org>
wrote:

>> Jorn Vernee has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional
>> commits since the last revision:
>>
>>  - review comments
>>  - add man page
>
> src/jdk.jdeps/share/man/jnativescan.1 line 68:
>
>> 66: .TP
>> 67: \f[V]--class-path\f[R] \f[I]path\f[R]
>> 68: Used to specify a path list of class path jar files to be scanned.
>
> I can't parse "path list of class path jar files". What is the argument here?
> I think it has to be a list of jars? If so, one way could be  `a list of
> paths pointing to the jar files to be scanned`

My suggestion is to separate up the "what is this argument?" (is a list of
paths, to jar files), from the "semantics" (e.g. the classes in the jarfiles
are assumed to belong to the unnamed module). The you can mirror this structure
in the module option.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19774#discussion_r1646700042