On Wed, 26 Jun 2024 18:11:45 GMT, Nizar Benalla <nbena...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> Can I please get a review for this small change? The motivation is that
>> javac does not recognize `package.html` files.
>>
>> The conversion was simple, I used a script to rename the files, append "*"
>> on the left and remove some HTML tags like `<body>` and `<html>`. I did the
>> conversion in place, renaming them in git but with the big amount of change
>> `git` thinks it's a new file.
>>
>> I also added a new `package-info.java` file to `javax.naming.ldap.spi`. I
>> hope that's fine.
>
> Nizar Benalla has updated the pull request with a new target base due to a
> merge or a rebase. The incremental webrev excludes the unrelated changes
> brought in by the merge/rebase. The pull request contains four additional
> commits since the last revision:
>
>  - use javadoc standards
>  - Merge remote-tracking branch 'upstream/master' into naming
>  - remove whitespace
>  - 8332072: Convert package.html files in `java.naming` to package-info.java

src/java.naming/share/classes/javax/naming/ldap/spi/package-info.java line 29:

> 27:  *
> 28:  * Extends the {@code javax.naming.ldap} package to provide the classes
> 29:  * and interfaces for the Service Provider Interface (SPI) for LDAP

The `javax.naming.ldap.spi` package only contains SPI classes that can
customize DNS lookups when performing LDAP operations. It was added by
[JDK-8160768](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8160768)/[CSR](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8192975).

Since the package only contains classes related to this SPI maybe we could
change the wording to something like this:
Suggestion:

 * Provides the Service Provider Interface for DNS lookups when
 * performing LDAP operations.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/19529#discussion_r1656892104