On Sun, 20 Sep 2026 11:35:55 GMT, Markus KARG <[email protected]> wrote:

>> This Pull Request provides an implementation for 
>> [JDK-8389573](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8389573): 
>> 'InputStreamReader.readAllAsString() should override the generic Reader 
>> default implementation to avoid unnecessary buffer copies'.
>> 
>> ---------
>> - [x] I confirm that I make this contribution in accordance with the 
>> [OpenJDK Interim AI Policy](https://openjdk.org/legal/ai).
>
> Markus KARG has updated the pull request incrementally with two additional 
> commits since the last revision:
> 
>  - Protected backwards-compatible behavior of existing subclasses as proposed 
> by Jaikiran Pai
>  - Removed (fast/slow path) comments

Thank you Markus for the updates so far. Overall this looks good to me. I have 
some minor comments which I have added inline.

On the testing front, would it be possible to extend coverage by introducing a 
test which uses a test specific sub-class of `InputStreamReader` which 
overrides the `read(char[] cbuf, int off, int len)` method and verify that this 
change does indeed continue to call that method? This test would then 
(immediately) catch issues/regressions like the one we discussed in this PR.

Finally, given how this PR manages to keep these changes as internal 
implementation details without impacting any sub-classes of 
`InputStreamReader`, I think a CSR won't be required.

-------------

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/32264#issuecomment-5749992347
PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/32264#issuecomment-5750004059

Reply via email to