Hello Kyösti,

Giving such a "credit" to give a little more time to bring the platform
to release requirements sounds like a good idea.

3mdeb will surely approach to implement those changes based on family
14h apu1, as well as for binary PI familty 16h based on apu2 (postcar
support already slowly landing to the binaryPI). Although these are
AGESA and binaryPI types, will the same approach be applicable here?

Best regards,
Michał Żygowski

On 8/21/19 5:50 AM, Kyösti Mälkki wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 5:43 AM Matt B <matthewwbradl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is a lack of C bootblock support common to all family 15h platforms?
>> (Including the G505s and any others?)
>> In other words, would it only need to be implemented once for all of these
>> systems?
>>
> It's not really a CPU family thing at all, but about the
> implementation otherwise. It's one fix for all AGESA, one for all
> binaryPI, and a third one for native amdfam10-15.
>
> My suggestion on moving forwards with amdfam10-15 is as follows:
>
> The next release is scheduled for Oct 2019 (?). Regardless of when
> that happens, I would introduce a flag on the October 1st that
> disables all amdfam10-15 boards from the automatic build. Then, if we
> have anyone capable and willing to have this amdfam10-15 stay on
> master branch, she/he would get to select one mainboard for which the
> build would remain enabled. The platform code then needs to go through
> the transitions of =>RELOCATABLE_RAMSTAGE, =>POSTCAR_STAGE,
> =>C_ENVIRONMENT_BOOTBLOCK. During that process, any remaining #include
> <*.c> are to be removed and regressions other amdfam10-15 boards
> __are__ allowed and will be ignored as the builds are disabled, Once
> the reference platform reaches a state where it fulfills the release
> requirements, interested parties can port the necessary changes to
> individual motherboards. Providing boot-logs is a necessity. At the
> time of next release, boards that don't build will have their source
> files removed.
>
> Regards,
> Kyösti Mälkki

Michał Żygowski
Firmware Engineer
http://3mdeb.com | @3mdeb_com

  • [coreboo... Kyösti Mälkki
    • [co... Matt B
      • ... Thierry Laurion - Insurgo Technologies Libres / Open Technologies
        • ... Kyösti Mälkki
      • ... Kyösti Mälkki
        • ... Michal Zygowski
          • ... Kyösti Mälkki