On 8/21/19 8:59 AM, Kyösti Mälkki wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 9:23 AM Michal Zygowski
> <michal.zygow...@3mdeb.com> wrote:
>> Hello Kyösti,
>>
>> Giving such a "credit" to give a little more time to bring the platform
>> to release requirements sounds like a good idea.
>>
>> 3mdeb will surely approach to implement those changes based on family
>> 14h apu1, as well as for binary PI familty 16h based on apu2 (postcar
>> support already slowly landing to the binaryPI). Although these are
>> AGESA and binaryPI types, will the same approach be applicable here?
>>
> Nice, let's coordinate the efforts on PC Engines products.
>
> The principles are the same, move CAR init from the start of romstage
> to start of bootblock. There are some things to consider about CAR
> memory layout and stack, but nothing major there. An aspect for
> possible future deployment of verstage is that calling vendorcode or
> binaryPI blob from bootblock is discouraged. We should not need the
> binaryPI blob to setup LPC routes or any SoC PAD configurations so
> enabling console in bootblock should not be an issue for us. I can't
> remember why the initial work on amd/stoneyridge called (unverified
> but read-only) vendorcode blob already from within the bootblock.
> Maybe it was something about GPIOs.
I get the overall idea of C bootblock. The most fun is about the
assembly to setup CAR early. But what about S3 suspend/resume for APU2
for example? It is not supported by the platform and does not seem to be
needed at all there (it is just a router which should be always on).
Maybe the check for RELOCATABLE_RAMSTAGE should be omitted when
HAVE_ACPI_RESUME is not set for the platform? However the thing is all
about southbridge/northbridge code still.

That stoneyridge thing is interesting... Cannot imagine what it could be
called for such early.

Regards,
Michał Żygowski

> Regards,
> Kyösti Mälkki

Michał Żygowski
Firmware Engineer
http://3mdeb.com | @3mdeb_com

  • [coreboo... Kyösti Mälkki
    • [co... Matt B
      • ... Thierry Laurion - Insurgo Technologies Libres / Open Technologies
        • ... Kyösti Mälkki
      • ... Kyösti Mälkki
        • ... Michal Zygowski
          • ... Kyösti Mälkki