Hi,

On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 6:20 PM phakt--- via coreboot
<coreboot@coreboot.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> on FreeBSD forum there was a discussion about
> "FreeBSD friendly Motherboard compatible with Coreboot"
>
> link:
> https://forums.freebsd.org/threads/freebsd-friendly-motherboard-compatible-with-coreboot.68346/
>

> the INTEL boards compatible with Coreboot seems to be:
> - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H
> - Asrock E350M1

Um, the Asrock E350M1 uses AMD hardware...

There are many more supported Intel-based boards. The board status
page has a list of supported boards:

https://coreboot.org/status/board-status.html

Note that this list is not exhaustive: it does not include variants.
These are similar boards which share most of the code. For instance,
there are two subfolders inside
"src/mainboard/gigabyte/ga-h61m-s2pv/variants/", which are the
Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV and the GA-H61MA-D3V. Note that the latter does
not appear in the board status.

The "latest known good" for many of these boards is not updated. This
does not mean that the boards do not work, but rather that nobody
bothered to upload a board status update for it.

> does anyone know better options?

I don't know which needs you have. I'd suggest taking a look at the
supported boards (now that you have a more complete list) and picking
the one that would best suit you. Additionally, since most of my
boards come out of e-waste heaps, I have no clue about pricing and
quality.

> another question still looking for answer:
> using flashrom if you type:
> -L | --list-supported print supported devices
>
> it says:
> Supported flash chips (total: 391):
>
> can someone check output and tell which are the best boards?

flashrom should work fine with most, if not all supported boards.
However, some boards restrict internal flashing (flashing from within
the board itself), so you might need an external programmer.

> Thanks

Best regards,

Angel Pons