check it at https://coreboot.org/status/board-status.html
> the single boards and mini PC have good performance compared to desktop
> boards?
Check the boards at "Mini-ITX / Micro-ITX / Nano-ITX" category of a
page above, and their performance at cpubenchmark website, and try to
find them if you're satisfied with their compared performance.
> which kind of boards can be considered the best and why?
It depends on what you are considering the best: best performance at
cpubenchmark or best support (amount of working features, quality of
commits, fresh board status, etc.)
> which CPU has good performance like the intel I-series?
not all the "intel I-series" CPUs have a good performance, far from
that. For example, those "Intel Core" with a U letter at the end,
could have a lower power consumption, but their performance is at
least one level lower: i7-****U is like a "honest i5", i5-****U is
like a "honest i3", and i3-****U is more like Pentium or Celeron. Use
some benchmark website for your own judgement.