>There are many more supported Intel-based boards
where can i get a list of all Intel-based boards supported?
which boards people prefer and refer as generic boards that usually work?
any preference based on statistics?

> Additionally, since most of my
boards come out of e-waste heaps, I have no clue about pricing and
quality.

besides e-waste where can i get a cheap board?
any reference supplier that people recommend for new and refurbished?

is it possible to buy "bare-boards" with only the basic components?

>flashrom should work fine with most, if not all supported boards.
However, some boards restrict internal flashing (flashing from within
the board itself), so you might need an external programmer.

any board that doesn't require internal flashing that is cheap and easy to
purchase?

Thanks