2007/3/4, splay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>
>
> On Mar 4, 2:27pm, "Petr Hrubis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > As for the Wikipedia page again, there are parts which could be
> > rewritten, indeed. Some of them were written by David Marjanović,
> > others by me.
>
> Reconstructed Phonology:
>
> The last line should end "...as more work is done."
> If you expect me to proofread those tables, I want big bucks.

Hehe, no, I don't. :-) Only the explanatory paragraphs.

>
> A Small Sample:
>
> "The majority...respective proto-languages, to wit, Proto-Basque...".

Oh, I didn't know "to with". Thank you!

> "...its reconstruction is still in its infancy but may soon be
> improved...".

I see, so this is the phrase...originally, I wanted to write "in the
napkin", but didn't know whether it was used in English at all. :-)

> The other page looks OK.
>
> > That's cool! Moc dekuju za pomoc ;-)

"Moc dekuju za pomoc", pronounced approximately [mots jeck-oo-yoo zah
pom-mots], means "Thank you a lot for (your) help", but I'm sorry,
I've got no idea what the following might mean, however familiar it
might look to me... :-)))

> Avehay anhay icenay aday.

Best wishes,

Petr

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Correct my English" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/correct-my-english
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to