Jax writes:

...servers, dn pass, blah all good...
LDAP_AUTHBIND           1
LDAP_MAIL               mail
LDAP_FILTER
LDAP_GLOB_UID           fv
LDAP_GLOB_GID           fv

GLOB_UID and GLOB_GID must be numeric values.

LDAP_HOMEDIR             homeDirectory
LDAP_MAILDIR             mailbox
LDAP_FULLNAME           cn
LDAP_CRYPTPW            userPassword
LDAP_DEREF              never
LDAP_TLS                0

I use mail for auth the users because I did it in my old userdb config so it will be easier to migrate to ldap.
Anyone know what's the problem with this?
The only one problem here is the password auth, yes I tried all md5 crypt ssha sha clear etc..

Give one example of a password, exactly as it's set in LDAP.