Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Jax writes:
>
>> ...servers, dn pass, blah all good...
>> LDAP_AUTHBIND           1
>> LDAP_MAIL               mail
>> LDAP_FILTER
>> LDAP_GLOB_UID           fv
>> LDAP_GLOB_GID           fv
>
> GLOB_UID and GLOB_GID must be numeric values.
>
>> LDAP_HOMEDIR             homeDirectory
>> LDAP_MAILDIR             mailbox
>> LDAP_FULLNAME           cn
>> LDAP_CRYPTPW            userPassword
>> LDAP_DEREF              never
>> LDAP_TLS                0
>>
>> I use mail for auth the users because I did it in my old userdb
>> config so it will be easier to migrate to ldap.
>> Anyone know what's the problem with this?
>> The only one problem here is the password auth, yes I tried all md5
>> crypt ssha sha clear etc..
>
> Give one example of a password, exactly as it's set in LDAP.

Ok so here is my new user ( password: intel )

Create Object : cn=john,ou=Courier,ou=Services,dc=logonserver,dc=lan
uid     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
mail    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
sn      john
cn      john
gidNumber       102
homeDirectory   /home/users/user1
userPassword    {MD5}Tlu66vyCq3qhOFvqjvXTCg==
uidNumber       (Auto evaluated on submission.)

 >courierauthtest [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Trying authdaemon...
Authenticated: module authdaemon
Home directory: /home/users/user1
UID/GID: 1017/1017
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AUTHFULLNAME=john
OPTIONS=<none>

But when I try with password

 >courierauthtest [EMAIL PROTECTED] intel

Trying authdaemon...
Authentication FAILED!

The log from the ldap server:

==> bdb_bind: dn:
cn=john,ou=Courier,ou=Services,dc=logonserver,dc=lan
send_ldap_result: err=49 matched="" text=""
connection_get(20)
connection_get(20)
connection_read(20): no connection!
connection_get(20)
==> bdb_bind: dn: cn=admin,dc=logonserver,dc=lan
send_ldap_result: err=0 matched="" text=""
connection_get(20)
SRCH "ou=Courier, ou=Services, dc=logonserver, dc=lan" 2 0
0 0 0
filter: ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
attrs:
homeDirectory
mailbox
cn
userPassword
mail

bdb_idl_fetch_key: @ou=courier,ou=services,dc=logonserver,dc=lan
bdb_idl_fetch_key: [b49d1940]
<= bdb_equality_candidates: (mail) index_param failed (18)
send_ldap_result: err=0 matched="" text=""
connection_get(21)
==> bdb_bind: dn:
cn=john,ou=Courier,ou=Services,dc=logonserver,dc=lan
send_ldap_result: err=49 matched="" text=""
connection_get(21)
connection_get(21)
connection_read(21): no connection!

Log from the courier-imap server:

authdaemon: starting client module
authdaemon: REJECT
authdaemon: REJECT

When I stop the authdaemond and start the ldap auth daemon then I get

authdaemond.ldap: restarting authdaemond children
authdaemond.ldap: modules="authldap", daemons=10

but I still can't login.

Regards,

Jax