Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Jax writes:
>

>>> Give one example of a password, exactly as it's set in LDAP.
>>>

>> Ok so here is my new user ( password: intel )
>>
>> Create Object : cn=john,ou=Courier,ou=Services,dc=logonserver,dc=lan
>> uid     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> mail    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> sn      john
>> cn      john
>> gidNumber       102
>> homeDirectory   /home/users/user1
>> userPassword    {MD5}Tlu66vyCq3qhOFvqjvXTCg==
>
> Haven't calculated the hash myself, but this sounds more or less right.

In PhpLDAPadmin there is a cool option for this so you can check the
hash easily if it's bind to a string.

>> Log from the courier-imap server:
>>
>> authdaemon: starting client module
>> authdaemon: REJECT
>> authdaemon: REJECT
>
> Turn up debugging.  Set DEBUG_LOGIN=2 in authdaemonrc.

Does not help too much. Btw this login debugging sounds familiar from
the imapd config DEBUG_LOGIN=2 is there not in this file and I already
set it to 2.

imaplogin: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:192.xx], command=LOGIN
imaplogin: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:192.xx], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
imaplogin: LOGIN: DEBUG: ip=[::ffff:192.xx], password=intel
 imaplogin: authdaemon: starting client module
imaplogin: authdaemon: REJECT

Regards,

Jax