Hi,

Why it is so hard to code simple thing? If your want to interoperate -
follow the standards. Simple, no? Standards might be badly engineered,
but that's another story.

The same thing happened to html. I am not talking about tags or
atributes available only on specifict browsers. I am talking about mere
syntax errors like missing quotes, missing closing tag, etc. And most
software does not enforce or sugest use of valid  syntax, so users
happily use erroneous code. And if somethings does not work she does
not blame herself or the faulty program-producer. Most people are not
technical enough so they use some wrapper software, e.g. Frontpage, etc.
What we got in the end? Mess.

What is wrong and what is right? Software which expects data input as
per standard and refuses erroneous input, or software with allows
erroneous input and then produces unexpected things?

For evily non-standards software producers solution is simple - state
that your software not compliant with xyz standard but with abc, and so
interoperate only with software which also knows abc. And none will bug
you.

No need to answer.

Best wishes,

Valdas