Giovanni,

May I make a recommendation?

The great thing about open source software is that it lets you make changes
that you need to.  In my case there are a few of things I'm looking for
which courier doesn't do.  However, rather than ask Sam, or anybody else to
take up their valuable time working on code for me, I am making the changes
myself.  Then, when I have test them and know they work, I'll submit a
patch. Then, if the patch is deemed to fit with the overall goal and scope
of the software, it may get integrated.  If it doesn't, I won't be sore,
because that's not what its all about.

Courier is not perfect. But its a hell of a lot better than starting from
scratch.  I would shudder to think at the numbers of hours that Sam and the
rest of the Courier community have spent tweaking and modding the software
to make it good.  LOTS.  But, it came from people making needed changes,
then submitting those changes back to the community, not from asking other
people to make changes for them.  It doesn't work that way.  Not open source
software.  If you want somebody to complain to, and have them make changes
based on your needs, buy a commercial software and become a paying customer.
Even then, you will find that your complaints will mostly fall on deaf ears.
Only with them, you have not option. You CAN'T make any changes yourself.

So, if you have issues with the software, go ahead and make the changes
yourself. If you have questions on how to do stuff, ask the group. They will
be(usually) more than happy to help.

Do NOT ask people who are writing software for free, on their free time, to
do it for you.  Not because its wrong(though I personally feel it is), but
because it won't achieve anything. It will just be a waste of your energy
and everybody else's energy. Be proactive. We'll help out.  Be reactive and
negative, and you will most likely get flamed and harrassed.

just a recommendation.

bill