Am 2008-03-03 10:56:19, schrieb tovis:
> Lookup Debian refernce (9.6.1):
>  "... use exim in Woody and use exim4 in Sarge."
>  "The only reasonable alternative MTA is postfix if you care about security
>   sendmail and gmail are available as Debain packages but are not
>   recommended:"
> How to understand it? - no Courier counted at all, as it does not exist,
> but is it also reside in prebuild package. I'm a user, I have not got
> enough information about security of that or other packages.

Please note, that there is currently a rewrite of the debian-reference.

> Sorry, my english is terrible, I do not understand.
> Courier's faxmail is dependent on courier-mta in Debian package.
> It's clean that courier-faxmail is relay on courier-mta. My problem that
> courier-mta + courier-imap + courier-faxmail has much more setup/config to
> do as apache2 (for exmple), a lots of configuration files, no clean step

Not realy...  It has only 10 files to configure 10 options...

No need to search a 40 kByte config file for the right option...

Please read  'man courier'  where all files are described on-by-one.

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)