On 21.11.2008, at 13:59, Frederik Dannemare wrote:

> Could it be that the mail client is configured to only show subscribed
> folders? I've seen this multiple times with KMail, for instance. The
> cure in KMail is to merely deselect "Show only subscribed folders" for
> the IMAP account in question (alternatively, make sure to manually
> subscribe to new sent subfolders on a monthly basis or so).

no, Apple Mail usually automatically subscribes to all folders.
Some may not appear immediately, but mostly they appear
within the next relaunch.
What I've witnessed however, is complete months of email
which vanisch and do not appear in their relative "Year/month"
dir, not even after a "manual" sync. I don't think it's a courier bug,
but it definitively happens in concurrence with the rotation
(read: with an sqwebmail login).

I also realize the rotation feature is confusing many users.
I've been using it for years now, but now that I know
how it works (should have studied the mans better...)
I also see why it is confusing:

consider the case of a user who mails by IMAP for a few
months, and then on holiday he uses sqwebmail: upon
return from the holiday he thinks all his mails are
gone on the IMAP client, until he realizes the subfolders
and subscribes to them (we've had tens of such calls).

on the other hand, I understand that changing this default
now would  almost certainly irritate existing courier
users...

just thoughts - it's OK to have the option at least
to disable rotation. maybe the solution would be to make
it a global feature, independent from which kind of
client is used, so users and MUAs get used to it from the
beginning ;)

As for the bug, I'll file it at Apple as soon as I find a way
to  reproduce it by hand...

Sincere regards,

Lorenzo