Hi List, Hi Sam,

Sorry for following up on this topic, but I'm still experiencing it on
several installations and with different mail clients. The problem
about it is, that I could not find a way to reproduce the problem
until now, and that leaves of course (too) much room for assumptions.

However, it is a showstopper that sometimes mails which have just been
sent are not kept in the Sent folder on the server. I am running
Courier 0.54 by now, and plan to upgrade to 0.61.1 on FreeBSD in the
next days. Has anyone experienced this problem too? Are there any
bugfixes from 0.54 to 0.61 which could _potentially_ fix such an issue?

What I can say - from my personal experience with Apple Mail on Mac OS
X 10.5.x - is that when it happened to me, the message was immediately
lost. That is, I write it, the mailer autosaves it in Drafts during
the writing, and then after I click send, the message is sent and
delivered but does not appear in Sent. Not only on the client. If I
look on the server, there's no such message in my .Sent Maildir.

What I suspect right now is that there might be a problem with moving
messages to the Sent folder, so that sometimes server and clients get
out of sync. So one question is: does courier actually handle the
copying of a sent message to the Sent folder, or is it by design that
this is something the client has to do?

Do You have any kind of suspicion about what the clients might be
doing wrong or what might be helpful to reproduce such a situation?

There's also another strange behavior that might be related to it,
which I have noticed on several Imap clients: when writing a new
message, sometimes it gets repeated many times in the Drafts Maildir.
What could be the reason for this too...?

Sorry for the many questions, but I'd really like to trace this one
down.

Thanx for listening and regards,

Lorenzo