On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:23 PM, David K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I think the
> events take a LOT of time to pay off, but do pay off in the long term.
> Increasingly, our new members have been to "a few" events here before
> they sign up.

Don't the marketing and advertising pros say that someone needs multiple
exposures to a brand/concept/opportunity before they will feel ready to take
action on it? This seems to fit that pattern.

In cost/benefit calculations, assess not just the # of people any outreach
investment reaches depth of connection and the frequency. How much further
down the path to the ultimate goal (i.e. membership) does it advance
someone?

> we need sponsors or someone to
> cover direct costs).

What kind of costs do you include in this: staff time? Space rent?
Utilities? Extra cleanup?

Raines, your neighborhood Coworking Coach <http://www.coworkingcoach.com/>
who enjoyed a lovely open house at BizDevSpace last night