Hello,

Meaning no disrespect: here, stateside, we hear constantly in (our)
national-daily-news that copyright infringement of every-kind is of national
proportion where you are in China. Perhaps the norm rather than the
exception?

Although not helpful, I'm sure all of us here are sensitive to your plight
and would wonder: Just how you do deal with this impact at every level? I'm
sure from Freelancer to Coworker, we would love know more about what that
world is like for you. I would guess we approach this topic with a certain
naivete.

But? From our perspective, we would, of course, not have the same frame of
reference that you do. And for every 'Independent' working in any country,
protecting who you are and what you have . . . or what you create, is always
top-of-mind. This becomes true, even when, we, any of us, arrive with a
collaborative spirit.

Thank you,

Dave B.
: :     : :     : :     : :

2011/2/1 Liu Yan <liuyan.dat...@gmail.com>

> Hi there,
>
> Recently we found out that someone in Beijing has used the text of our
> website both in Chinese and English, design and slogan literally word for
> word in his website. We are happy that there is another(second) coworking
> space being established in China and they like our model. But at the same
> time, we think it should be a way to regulate this kind of "sharing".
>
> For example, Our model and content on the website is at this moment pretty
> much open sourced and licensed under Creative Commons, but the people who
> copied and pasted our content put everything under their own
> copyright. Meanwhile, we are worried that this kind of clone or look-alike
> effect might put our branding and reputation under risk.
>
> Any idea how to cope with this?
>
> Liu Yan 刘妍
> CEO/Co-founder
> Xindanwei 新单位