I agree with you Jerome, my designer was pretty upset to see the icons
he designed for our product and service being taken just like that and
used under someone else's name. He even told us someone offered him a
job to design a coworking website "just like" ours!

But contacting each of the clones to urge them to change their copy or
design is going to be an everlasting battle, apparently it is not
going to stop everyone else, so we have to think a bit bigger to
regulate these copying and make everyone benefit from it.

在 2011年2月2日 上午12:59,Jerome Chang <jer...@blankspaces.com> 写道:
> [...]
> the WorkBar my team personally designed.
> Look, I'm all for open source, but some of us do spend some serious sweat
> and actual equity for marketing and design, and on behalf of those of us, we
> would appreciate that others at least respect that effort enough to
> demonstrate some professional ethics.
>
> Jerome
> ______________
> BLANKSPACES
> "work FOR yourself, not BY yourself"
>
> www.blankspaces.com
> 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea)
> Los Angeles, CA 90036
> 323.330.9505 (office)
> On Feb 1, 2011, at 8:43 AM, Dave Bunnell wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Meaning no disrespect: here, stateside, we hear constantly in (our)
> national-daily-news that copyright infringement of every-kind is of national
> proportion where you are in China. Perhaps the norm rather than the
> exception?
>
> Although not helpful, I'm sure all of us here are sensitive to your plight
> and would wonder: Just how you do deal with this impact at every level? I'm
> sure from Freelancer to Coworker, we would love know more about what that
> world is like for you. I would guess we approach this topic with a certain
> naivete.
>
> But? From our perspective, we would, of course, not have the same frame of
> reference that you do. And for every 'Independent' working in any country,
> protecting who you are and what you have . . . or what you create, is always
> top-of-mind. This becomes true, even when, we, any of us, arrive with a
> collaborative spirit.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dave B.
> : :     : :     : :     : :
>
> 2011/2/1 Liu Yan <liuyan.dat...@gmail.com>
>>

>> Hi there,
>> Recently we found out that someone in Beijing has used the text of our
>> website both in Chinese and English, design and slogan literally word for
>> word in his website. We are happy that there is another(second) coworking
>> space being established in China and they like our model. But at the same
>> time, we think it should be a way to regulate this kind of "sharing".
>> For example, Our model and content on the website is at this moment pretty
>> much open sourced and licensed under Creative Commons, but the people who
>> copied and pasted our content put everything under their own
>> copyright. Meanwhile, we are worried that this kind of clone or look-alike
>> effect might put our branding and reputation under risk.
>> Any idea how to cope with this?
>> Liu Yan 刘妍
>> CEO/Co-founder
>> Xindanwei 新单位