Corporate execs trying out coworking spaces...  I like the idea and add the
caveat that they can't just spend a day in a space... passing time in a
coworking space in the customer/renter/outsider mentality won't get anyone
very far.  Understanding that very line, the one between customer and
member, is at the heart of what makes coworking what it is as opposed to a
business center.

I'm looking for ways to best message this distinction to potential new
people so everyone knows as quickly as possible what it is we are doing
here.  In the early days, this poured out of both Susan and I in everything
we did and our ever presence ensured the message got around.  Four years in
and things work a little differently now as Susan's original message
illustrates.

I love customer/member... sounds less derogatory then renter/member... I'm
never a fan of any us/them type wording as it shuts out folks that really
want to be members but need a little help getting there.

Jacob

---
Office Nomads - Individuality without Isolation
http://www.officenomads.com -  (206) 323-6500