In addition, these commercial-grade chairs typically come w/ 5-year warranties.
 Check whatever you buy, unless you're ok that you've might have effectively
bought a disposable chair that you replace once every other year.

Jerome
______________
BLANKSPACES
"work FOR yourself, not BY yourself"

www.blankspaces.com
ph: 323.330.9505 | 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea) Los Angeles,
CA 90036

On Apr 12, 2012, at 12:36 PM, Adrienne Normand wrote:

> [...]
> teya re too wide or too narrow, you will strain your neck and shoulders
> trying to put your elbows on the arm pad.
> 4.  Are the arms attached to back rest or under the seat.  If when you
> recline the arms are pointing in the air, that's not good.  Your arms should
> stay level with the worksurface even when you recline.
> 5.  Lastly, if you are on concrete floors, get a chair with casters that are
> soft, rubbery, or have a breaking mechanism.  Most chairs are made for
> rolling on carpet.  When you put them on a hard floor they are TOO mobile and
> thus will put strain on your core muscles.
>
> There are lost of options on the market and the best place to get access to
> the hundreds out there is to go to your local contract furniture dealer (see
> my previous email on how to find one).  They will have access to chairs
> priced for $50 - $1000.  Just go in telling them what your budget is, and the
> list of features you want.  They'll do the shopping for you and provide
> options for you to try.  Sometimes, they'll even send one to your office to
> sit in for a few days before making your final decision.
>
> Worth every penny!
>
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Santiagor1@SoBeCoWorks
> <santiag...@coworkingbethlehem.com> wrote:
> Any suggestions on desk chair options???
>
> Hard wood style or plastic vs. upholstered soft style.
>
> If I'm going to sit for hours I prefer upholstered soft style but this can
> run $65.00 and up for good quality used chairs and over $100.00 new.
>
> IKEA has inexpensive wood & plastic chairs for as little as $25.00 but I dont
> see the quality in them for long periods of use.
>
> Let me know know what you think.
>
> Thanks
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> Santiago Rivera
> www.sobecoworks.com
>
> On Apr 11, 2012, at 6:20 PM, Jerome Chang <jer...@blankspaces.com> wrote:
>
>> 81'x....10'?  Sounds like you might run into ADA issues if you're not
>> careful.  Will need a 5' turning diameter unless you have two exits.
>> Bar height tables also don't look ADA friendly unless you have other
>> comparable areas for the disabled.  Try mixing up the type of seating.
>>

>> Jerome
>> ______________
>> BLANKSPACES
>> "work FOR yourself, not BY yourself"
>>
>> www.blankspaces.com
>> ph: 323.330.9505 | 5405 Wilshire Blvd (2 blocks west of La Brea) Los
>> Angeles, CA 90036
>>
>> On Apr 11, 2012, at 2:13 PM, Adrienne Normand wrote:
>>
>>> Call a local contract furniture dealer.  They have the greatest buying
>>> power and can direct you to a product that gives the best bang for your
>>> buck.
>>>
>>> Any major furniture line will list who their dealers are by region or city
>>> on their website.  Each dealer has access to over 300 manufacturers in all
>>> price ranges in addition to their major line.

>>> Hon
>>> Steelcase
>>> Knoll
>>> Herman Miller
>>> Haworth
>>> Kimball
>>> KI
>>>
>>> Look for the following brands to get you great down and dirty pricing:
>>> Hon
>>> Turnstone
>>> AIS
>>> ABCO