Hi All --

I'm new to this list and community and feel really warm about both. I'm
starting a space in Detroit (anyone else here in Detroit?). It's actually a
combination/mixed use building that will also contain a co-working space (with
small arty hotel, art space, event space, mentoring program). We are going
through a rebranding now but the current website is DetroitHotelProject.com and
facebook.com/Detroithotelproject

New name and identity in september!!

I just had a tactical question about operational costs -- most I understand
(utilities, tax, insurance, part time staff, etc) and I have that folded into
the overall numbers of the project. But I wonder here what people might spend
on a space for 15-20 people on things like

Office Supplies (do people have experience getting local support from office
supply stores?)
Software subscriptions
Coffee, tea, simple snacks
Cleaning supplies

I saw Alex's really helpful breakdown on Quora but it didn't separate out these
important misc items from an overall operational budget of $3600 for 1800
square foot indy hall.

Also, I'd like to add -- as a newcomer to this list and a longtime community
builder/participant, I have not seen this kind of collective energy since the
early internet culture of the mid 90's. I have so much respect for what you are
all building together and I hope to become a valuable member as I also learn
and grow in this project.

Thank you and many sparkles!
./s