Be sure to give this group's archives a search for this topic of phone
booths, it's come up a bunch of times before
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/coworking/phone$20booth%7Csort:relevance>
.

I can speak from the POV of having had *no* dedicated phone rooms in our
original 1800 square ft space, having had a makeshift closet phone room in
4400 square feet (with all of the shortcomings Jerome mentioned, it still
got used every day), adding a phone call "hood"
<https://groups.google.com/d/msg/coworking/7KH14yX1SWI/EH5oldDjQT0J> during
an expansion to 8800 sq ft, (that was far from soundproof, but made
creative use of some otherwise unusable space and turned out to be rather
popular) and custom-building a bunch of ADA compliant call rooms in our
space last year.

*For those keeping track, that's 10 years in operation before we had what
some would consider 'passable' phone rooms.*

Having lived with all of these variations, *my answer is to work with what
you have, and manage member expectations accordingly. *You get to choose
the primary value you provide. Focus on what you have, and do it as well as
you can. You'd be amazed what you can *not* have and still have happy
members, when you focus on the stuff that matters. Even now that we have
phone rooms and conference rooms, we tell people on tour that if they spend
a lot of their day on the phone or on video calls then we're probably not
right for them.

Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to provide every service that an
office has (or every startup wants) in order to be successful in coworking.
:)

*The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.*
Better Coworkers: http://indyhall.org
Weekly Coworking Tips: http://coworkingweekly.com
My Audiobook: https://theindyhallway.com/ten