On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 09:40:02PM -0400, David Golden wrote:

> There also seem to be some things in ~/tmp/
> That's on linux.  It's worse on Win32.  Lots of stuff winds up dumped
> in c:\.  In one case, I think there were several thousand tiny
> directories.

On *nix I periodically clean out several hundred files from /tmp.
I assume that they're created by File::Temp.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

Us Germans take our humour very seriously
  -- German cultural attache talking to the Today Programme,
     about the German supposed lack of a sense of humour, 29 Aug 2001