Hi-this may be a related issue.

Two modules I have been working with recently, PDL and
OpenGL, seem to have very few testing hits since the end
of August except for the ones generated by our own
developers and testers.

This has been particularly frustrating as we get down to
the finish for a new PDL release (and accompanying OpenGL)
since the test reports for multiple OSes which used to
come in seem to have vanished.  Bugs from the previous
tester results have been addressed but without those
platform tests, we have no way to know if that has fixed
things.

* How can I determine the testers events for a given module?

  * By date (Is the rate of testing consistent over time?)

  * By tester ID (Some of the old stand-bys for testing PDL
    and OpenGL, no longer show.  Are PDL and OpenGL out of the
    rotation or is there something broken somewhere?)

* Is there any way too access any regularly updated feed of
  tester results?

  * When the cpan-testers list had email to authors, it was
    easy to track anomalies since a systematic problem would
    change the character and pace of tester reports received

  * I guess I could try setting up a mysql server and try
    downloading the entire database but that seems like a
    sort of "nuclear option".

* Does it matter whether a module is released by the Owner
  or a Co-maintainer for CPAN Tester to work?

* One other thing I am trying to work through is some sort
  of quick set up info for CPAN::Reporter or Test::Reporter
  so that it works.  My own experience is that the perl of
  both modules works well, the sticking point for me is how
  to set up the mail feed---especially since most ISP and
  mail providers have moved to TLS type security which is
  tricky to configure.  (e.g. I have a gmail account and
  have yet to succeed in sending a test report through
  that channel)

Thoughts appreciated!
Chris Marshall
(PDL and OpenGL developer)

O. STeffen BEYer wrote:
Dear All,

I have recently installed CPAN::Reporter - after some difficulties, because of wrong file permissions in this distribution, but that's a different story (I already informed David Golden about it).

I am currently installing lots of modules under Perl 5.10.1 (native build for Windows XP with MS VC++ 6.0), mostly through installing Bundles.

How come that the test reports sent by CPAN.pm from my machine never show up in the "Perl/Platform Version Matrix" of the corresponding modules?

From 9 reports sent according to "reports-sent.db" in a test run, only two showed up on the server, namely for Inline-0.45 and YAML-Syck-1.07.

Or is it because test reports from module authors for their own modules are filtered out? (Not according to my preferences, at least!)

Neither do I see any of these test reports on two separate email accounts which I both subscribed to the cpan-testers mailing list.

Is that normally the case?

When I subscribed to the cpan-testers mailing list, I didn't get any "welcome" email back after I sent the confirmation email.

Is that normal, or could that be the problem?

If so, why was my confirmation email disregarded? (Never got any error message email either)

I am attaching the relevant config files from CPAN and CPAN::Reporter (as well as my "perl -V" output).

Best regards,
--
    Steffen Beyer <st...@cpan.org <mailto:st...@cpan.org>>
    http://www.engelschall.com/u/sb/whoami/ (Who am I)