On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:48:49AM -0400, David Golden wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 10:31 AM, Barbie <bar...@missbarbell.co.uk> wrote:
> > Not necessarily. If the report exceeds the byte limit it gets truncated.
> > All the perl -V data is at the end, which is the primary source of
> > discovery for the perl version. Note this is a limit of the NNTP mail
> > server, and one reason why we want to move to a HTTP submission based
> > system.
>
> That shouldn't be an issue with CPAN::Reporter based submissions, as
> long as it and Test::Reporter are up to date.  CPAN::Reporter
> truncates test output (*not* Perl -V) to fit within the perl.org size
> cutoff and it now properly encodes/wraps long lines to avoid exceeding
> SMTP line length limits that were causing truncations and other
> problems.
>
> Do you have any recent examples?

Yes, but I didn't want to name names, hence my other post :)

However, I also note that I don't have the latest version of
CPAN-Testers-Common-Article on the server, github or CPAN :( I shall fix
that over the weekend, as that does do some additional detection work if
perl -V isn't found.

Cheers,
Barbie.
--