On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason
<ava...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 06:39, Andreas J. Koenig
> <andreas.koenig.7os6v...@franz.ak.mind.de> wrote:
>> Unfortunately perl 5.6.2 doesn't build OK anymore on my linux smoke box.
>> It spews out warnings about signals and this is why I have no 5.6.2
>> smoker. If somebody knows how to work around this, I'm willing to smoke
>> 5.6.2 again.
>
> Have you tried building the maint-5.6 branch from Git instead of the
> 5.6.2 release?

In my github repo (git://github.com/dagolden/perl.git) I have a
maint-5.6.2 branch as well as maint-5.x.y for everything from 5.6.1 to
5.8.8.

Personally, I see no value in testing anything before 5.6.2 and only
minimal value even testing that now that 5.12 is the "current"
production release.

-- David