On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 11:51 PM, Andreas J. Koenig
<andreas.koenig.7os6v...@franz.ak.mind.de> wrote:
> After that I installed with force: CPAN::Reporter, HTML::Parser, URI
> (all of them didn't pass wome tests).
>
> Then Test::Reporter::Transport::Metabase and Crypt::SSLeay could be
> installed without force.
>
> But then CPAN::Reporter refused to run telling me that it was not
> installed (while it was).
>
> Key was finally to install File::HomeDir manually (with cp).

Any idea why this was necessary?

Also, I'm curious if you had any issues getting things installed into
the right path?  I've had that frequently on old perls when it's not
the first in the path.  (I've never exactly figured out which versions
of CPAN/EU::MM/EU::Install were responsible.)

-- David