Hi
My impression is that many museums (to be more accurate: their management and curators) are not willing to share the catalogue information in their content management system. This may be due to old tradition from the time when curators and philologists kept their data locked in their desk or under their bed or more reasonably that they will not announce the content of their collections due to the risk of theft. Still museums SHOULD supply the objects in their collection with an uri to be used in case of theft etc.

Terms: 'Linked Data' is meaningful, 'Unlinked Data' describes the current situation. 'Linked Open Data' is a pleonasm, since 'Linked Closed/hidden Data' is meaningless. Even in the case when the linked data is hidden, the data is open for the few.

Linked Open Data or Linked Data, I have no strong opinion. I don't find the debate about who invented which term very central in this context.

Chr-E