Hi Max and all,

To my understanding the recommendation simply does not make any assumption about openness, but deals with identification in the Linked Data field. It btw even notes explicitly (6.) "that such a service is not mandatory for the URI to be valid". Having URIs for museum objects available for everybody to cite is different from publishing the information about these objects as LOD...

I fully agree with Richard saying "Much as I would like all museum LD to be LOD, I wouldn't want to discourage good LD practice..."

And the issue is more complex than just open vs. non-open: What is open? Is any CC-license "open enough"? Or is CC0 (=public domain) mandatory to be labelled as LOD?

So this is exactly what I'd prefer to avoid: to mix up these two very different topics of identification and openness in the recommendation.

Best, Regine