From: Crm-sig [mailto:crm-sig-boun...@ics.forth.gr] On Behalf Of Robert
Sanderson
Sent: 17 January 2018 16:52
To: Richard Light <rich...@light.demon.co.uk>; Jim Salmons
<jim.salm...@factminers.org>; crm-sig@ics.forth.gr
Subject: Re: [Crm-sig] ISSUE Recording an E41 in RDF

Here’s a quick addition …

The RDF representation uses the names of the classes and predicates in the URIs
that identify them.  This means ;l

that when the names change, the URIs change and this invalidates all of the
previous uses.  As the SIG considers only the number to be important, there is
a mismatch of expectations around persistence and versioning.

Examples: E78_Collection versus E78_Curated_Holding and the recent thread about
renaming translation_of.

Rob