I broadly agree with the points made in the discussion:

1) If interventive conservation work changes the identity of an object
then it has failed. If anything, conservation work should maintain the
identity of the object.

2) Destructive testing in conservation requires a sample.
Non-destructive testing, such as taking a photo under UV or IR light,
does not require a sample. I think S13 has to be defined as "taken/removed".

All the best,

Thanasis