Dear Øyvind,

Thank you for comment. Actually I would have never assumed anything else than what you describe below😁.

What I wanted to make clear with my previous message is exactly this difference between integrating documentation based on unambiguous ground facts as they /are expected to appear/ widely in documentation, versus our common understanding of the relevant reality beyond these facts. It appears to me that the aspects you describe are well-placed in narratives giving adequate credit the subject.

The CRM is not even suited to describe such details for human actions, nor is it intended to provide an adequate account of the details of reality. Firstly, the reduction of aspects of reality to FOL predicates is a horrendous restriction. It doesn't even work for the weather forecast or anything approximately described by differential equations. Even if it were possible, we would need a huge ontology, and I personally would regard it as a cultural nightmare. All statements I have made in my previous message have nothing to do with a simplified world-view of my own.

Let me repeat the methodological argument in my previous message:

Methodological Question *2 *(recall-precision argument)*: *
                                       If we document the instance not with "Oxx3 done by", but only with "P12 occurred in the presence of", and a suitable text, which is                                         anyway required, what research questions would be compromised by too many unrelated answers? What is the expected                                         precision/recall ratio for a query : Get instances of "Sxx1 Biological Genesis" where P12 <about:blank?compose#_toc9081> occurred in the presence of: refers to an instance                                         of  'E20 Biological' that is not also referred by O17 generated? (e.g. the dinosaurs preserved on their own eggs and birds with their own
                                        nest)

and : "Note that the CRM aims primarily at inter-institutional integration. This is explicit in the Introduction."

Similarly, I implied, that we should discuss:

Methodological Question *2 : *If we document race horse bios with CRM propositions only in the framework of the human-initiated actions, rather than all the                                                     descriptions of the horse's own initiatives, (and describe such initiatives at a *type level* for example, a subject index to a                                                     narrative for example), what research questions would be compromised by too many unrelated answers? What records would                                                     we miss, if we get the full records back, based on queries that refer only to the human-initiated actions?

            Of course, "used specific object" for a race horse in a race is utterly ugly, but not wrong, and a ground fact.

Please compare the integrating power of the URIs of /horse-own actions /in formal propositions to the integrating power of the /framing human activity/ within which the horse acted. These are the critical questions. The reality, as you describe, is hopefully well-known to all of us😁 (I have enough smart animals in my garden, and a smart grand-daughter in the age of 18 months).

Please note, that *exactly *these kinds of arguments have been done regularly in the development of the CRM, in order to keep it at a comprehensible size and as objective function-based criteria. For instance, we accepted CRMarcheo only after identifying real scenarios of its integrating power across and beyond individual excavation records.

If members agree, I propose to make an issue to document the evolution of this issue as didactic material for the CRM methodology. We never gave a reasonable written account of this kind for previous decisions, rather registered the following consensus only.

Please note, that I do not answer here these questions, a simply state that CRM-SIG must provide answers to them, or change the method.

Comments?

All the best,

Martin