Dear Wolfgang,

Good question! Actually I am confronted with applications with many many points approximating places. Normally, we would say, use P171, P172, but DO NOT define an approximation by a POINT nearby, if you can do better. For legacy data, this is hard to enforce. I regard P171,P172 a fundamental good practice for CRMbase. No reason to repeat in CRMgeo anything that is (now!) in CRMbase, isn't it?

Best,

Martin