Anton Oussik wrote:
On the note of adding/fixing spells, could some high level spells be
added into CF, which need higher levels (like 40, 60, 80, 100) in a
skill to be able to cast them? At the moment there is little point in
levelling things like sourcery beyond level 15, when you can cast town
portal. Either re-shuffling spells about or adding some more spells to
fill the gaps would be needed for that.

Reshuffling of spells may make sense. The current spell levels where set back in the days when I believe max level was much lower.

I'd be a bit concerned about adding new spells that are even more powerful - a fair number of the spells are already pretty powerful at high levels, and adding more powerful spells doesn't necessarily seem like it would help things out much. And I think most spells already have pretty large areas of effect - making even bigger fireballs/cones are likely to get to the point where one spell covers the entier map.

Adding fighting levels to weapons would also make sense, and in my
opinion would be more consistent for things like swords and bows than
item power is.

item_power currently does that. total item power was deemed a better approach - for one reasons, races that can not equip all the items otherwise get sort of screwed if they are limited to wearing items below there level or something - item power helps balance that to some extent by letting those characters equip same power of items.