At 02:05 PM 7/29/99 -0400, Robert Hettinga wrote:

>The more money people make with internet commerce, the fewer legs
>totalitarians will have to stand on when they call for the
>criminalization of strong cryptography.

I wish I could agree with you. I think, however, that your thesis holds
only when internet commerce grows beyond a critical mass. This has not yet
happened. Why do you think Big Brother is stepping up efforts to jack(boot)
in to your life before it's too late ?

Udhay
http://www.unimobile.com/                  http://pobox.com/~udhay
              sign up for the Unimobile beta today!