Okay here is how I fixed this, it took all day. It was my dad off and I
spent it compiling my map 100 times lol, but I learned a lot!

I had to go under advanced compile, and then select Full Compile. It took a
very long time to compile even a small cordoned section of the map.

When I was under the "normal" compiler options, it didn't work even if I
manually added the additional parameters. This is the way I have done
things for years. So adding these manually under the normal compiler menu,
not the advanced:

-maxthreads 8 -windowed -fullscreened -novid -bounce 20 -staticproppolys
-textureshadows -staticproplighting -both -final -StaticPropLightingScale 16

Did not work, even multiple combinations.

Thanks for your help in resolving this.