From: "Thomas Bukowski" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> This is a duplicate/continuation of the bug noticed by Donna Casey
> in:
> http://archivist.incutio.com/viewlist/css-discuss/64904
>
> The fix mentioned in that thread, by removing the "position:
> relative"
> of an element inside the column, doesn't work. The fact that there
> is
> only one line of text (a h2) in the example in the thread above
> makes it
> much more difficult to drag-select scroll.
>
> If you look at this testcase, with the 'fix' above applied:
> http://neodude.net/host/cssd/fxselectbug.html
>
> Note: I duplicated the text many times and changed the h2 to a div.
> Make the browser window small enough so that the content doesn't fit
> in
> the available height; then, you can still select-drag down to scroll
> up
> and 'lose' the content.
>
> Platform: Windows XP SP2, Firefox 1.0.7
>
> I haven't been able to find a fix yet. Any ideas?

I don't see a reasonable fix possible unless someone can "inspire"
Mozilla to put it at the top of their buglist. The more I look at the
technique, though, the more it seems like spacers revisited with a
modern twist... and I'm concerned about 32,000 of territory being part
of the DOM. Perhaps the envelope is being pushed a bit over the edge
(and into a 32,000px abyss)?

Al Sparber
PVII
http://www.projectseven.com

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling
mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that
repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".