Quoted from Christian Montoya:
> but considering that few users ever resize their text (as in nobody),
> most visitors would never even notice the difference.

I agree with you when regular crt displays are used, but things will
change. People buy tft screens, with native 1280x1024 resolutions.
Running in a lower resolution gives a distorted image so a lot will
keep it at 1280.

1280 means smaller (visible) text and getting older usually means
eyes less good and all... Or in my case since I spend a lot of time
with computers everyday for the last say 20 years my eyes get tired
quicker. I prefer 1280, but when reading texts I just love the simple
font sizing feature of the browser.

If a site scales gracefully (meaning I do not need to copy paste the
text to an editor and then apply a bigger font size) it got my vote :P
It will also mean I, more likely, will return for more, where a problem
site might not (not taking content into account here) attract me again.

I think scaling will become more and more of an issue, with higher
resolution capabilities of the displays used as one of the reasons and
aging of the users as another.

Michel