Stephen R Laniel wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 25, 2006 at 11:19:42AM -0500, Zoe M. Gillenwater wrote:
>

>>CSS is not a programming language, so it doesn't have variables in it.
>>You define set classes and ids that appear in your source somewhere.
>>

>Just to be clear, it's a totally reasonable thing to expect
>from CSS. It would be nice to be able to define
>
>h[0-9] {
>       font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;
>}
>
>instead of the ungainly
>
>h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, h7, h8, h9 {
>       font-family: Verdana, sans-serif;
>}

Well, I disagree that such a thing would be such a huge boon (a
miniscule gain at the expense of greatly complicating CSS, making it all
the more difficult for newbies to learn and convert to), but let's not
discuss what CSS ought to and ought not include on this list.  That's
theory, and as I mentioned in the email I just sent, it belongs on (and
it regularly discussed on) www-style.  I've already provided a practical
solution to the problem, and that's all that's appropriate here.

Thanks,
Zoe

--
Zoe M. Gillenwater