On 04/12/06, Stephen Oravec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is there any sites that scroll horizontal instead of vertical ?
>
> I tried one today just for the heck of it (had nothing better to do)
> and was wondering where I might find some more info on it .
>
> or if its really worth it.
>
> my example <http://home.comcast.net/%7Es.oravec/index.html>

Hi,

I've come across a couple of sites that scroll horizontally, mostly photo
gallery kind of sites. Haven't got the links though. They are "ok" but still
somewhat annoying - horizontal scrolling is pretty much an absolute no-no
for me, unless it's for some cool effect that wouldn't be achievable
otherwise and only for prettiness' sake. If it's to achieve some sort of
function, then it's bad. You can't use the mouse wheel when scrolling
horizontally and it's unexpected and anything unexpected (like sound from
flash without you requesting it) is an annoyance.

In short: I'd say stay away from it.

Rafael