On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:55:38 -0400, brian wrote:

> I'm working on a site that uses a lot of transparent PNGs for the navigation.
> Obviously, this requires that i use the AlphaImageLoader filter for IE.
> However, i'm
> struggling to come up with a replacement method that will also ensure that
> the links
> are clickable.

Hi Brian,
Do you have, or can you make something to put on a public server
for us to look at? Just to show us the HTML you use and the effect
you are trying to achieve?

I have found ways around using transparent PNGs altogether for IE 5/6,
substituting a GIF or JPEG for those browsers, even if the effect is
not exactly the same as for better browsers.

No promises, but you may well get some good suggestions if you
can put up an example.

Not sure of your philosophy regarding "graceful degradation," but
I don't like to dumb down a design just because of IE, especially
now that far fewer than 90% of visitors use it. And sometimes getting
it "exactly right" in IE6 can consume your entire budget.

Cordially,
David