-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Cory Shubert
Sent: Friday, September 14, 2007 5:44 AM
To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
Subject: [css-d] Site check please

Hi all,  I am throwing our new design out there for critique and
suggestions.

http://www.nwaworldvacations.com
<BLOCKED::http://www.nwaworldvacations.com>

We tried to do a better job of CSS and moved into a more Web 2.0 vibe, at
least that is what we were trying for.  I am sure many will lament our use
of tables still, but some habits die hard.  I am curious to learn how we
might have done a better job with our CSS, i.e. better use of IDs or
Classes, less nested, more nested...

We did add some Ajax/JavaScript functionality that we didn't have in our
previous designs, and are noticing slow page loads and would love to learn
or hear of how others handle this better.  The Las Vegas destination page is
a particularly slow one due to the backend loading of all the hotels... then
do a price find and it can take up to 22 seconds to return all the prices
for each of them.  This is something we are working on to fix/solve/adjust.

Our team is small and we based much of our work on the few classes or
seminars we have been able to attend as well as on Andy Budd's "CSS
Mastery".

Start here:
http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/wso.php?url=http://www.n
waworldvacations.com/

A good target size for a page is about 70k.

Walt