@ Zach:

Thanks a lot for the link Zach . A wonderfull article and
definitely a keeper and provides some really good information.

However I need more broad comparision table of different
doctypes in STANDARD modes.

My question is a standards specific questionrather than browser specific one.
So the question is that
what a specific element, for example an image, is supposed
to behave when using different standard doctypes in html and XHTML.

In another words what are the specific things which makes
different doctypes to be distinguished from each other in html
and xhtml.

For example you can use a strict or loose dtd in html
or a strict and transitional dtd in XHTML. I would like to know
what the differences are between these two in html alone and
in xhtml alone and also in html and xhtml comparing to each other
providing that by xhtml I mean both real xhtml and pretend xhtml.

@ David,

Thanks for the link david.

My question is not related to browsers. Browsers use different
doctypes for rendering process. The fact that a browser does have
a bug or not, does not change what standards states. That is
the browser's problem.

To give you in idea of what I am looking for, I gave an example of
an image. In strict doctype, there will be a gap under an image, that
is what, standards related to a strict doctype has defined to let letters
such as q, which might be wrapped around the image, have space.

However as far as I know, in other modes such as loose doctype and
or in quirks mode the gap will not be present.

So I believe when they wrote the standards, they already knew what
the differences are between different URIs in different doctypes.

I am hoping that w3c might have documented those differences somewhere
and that is what I am looking for.

regards,
davoud

Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 17:38:22 -0500From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]: [EMAIL
PROTECTED]: Re: [css-d] Doctypes rendering comparision tableYou mean something
like http://www.quirksmode.org/css/quirksmode.html#link6 ?Zach