> > Are you suggesting that it is the browser which defines the standards?
> > Are you suggesting that it is the browser which decides to assign the
> > gap for the image not the strict dtd?

> Yes – go and look through the DTD, you will find nothing to do with
> rendering at all in it.

Are you kidding me or what? :) That yes is in your world.
It does not matter what DTD hold.

Browsers can have some standards for themselves but can not define
standards for the world otherwise we would be stuck in the middle
of browsers war.

Then i guess W3C is kidding us? does'nt it? and that they should
leave us alone. what are standards good for?

A browser likes to put a gap under a picture and another does not,
that is what happens if they were to define standards for us.

davoud