On Feb 8, 2008 5:01 PM, Michael B Allen wrote:

> And what happens if I want monospace (which I do)?

I think that if you explicitly set a font-family (not only
'monospace', but something like:
  textarea { font-family: courier new, monospace; }
then you will get something more like you want in FF (but not in
Safari, which has a similar behavior.)

PS 1: I realized that I previously included a wrong link (only
partially related), I wanted to mention this one:
http://virtuelvis.com/archives/2005/02/monospace-firefox-braindeath
(which also suggest including a 'fake' font-family.)

PS 2: in your two tests cases I definitely see FF resizing the font in
the inputs as well as in the textarea.

--
Bruno Fassino http://www.brunildo.org/test