Alan Gresley wrote:

> Ian would you have happen to have download IE8 as an overwrite of
> IE7? If so those [if lte IE 6] will not be seen by your standalone
> version of IE6.

Just a comment here: we keep on running into these "standalone and
conditional comments" problems quite often, which complicates debugging
for some.
I use complete, original, versions of IE6, IE7 and IE8b1, which means I
never run into such problems. I see what a regular visitor will see.
The only extra work I have is that I have to download conditionally
commented stylesheets separately before I can debug them.

Regarding the original case: it already had those 'hasLayout' fixes - in
double dose with 'float: left; width: 100%;'. One of those was of course
enough.

I found changing image-format wasn't enough though, as I immediately
changed it to 8bit png (same as gif in this case) and still had
background-positioning problems in my real IE6 - which led to the
proposed background-position change for IE6.
Problem was I forgot to mention the necessary image-format change, to
make IE6 see the transparent part as transparent, when I responded, and
I never looked back since my own copy worked flawless.

regards
        Georg
--
http://www.gunlaug.no