Melbeach wrote:
> First post here. Thanks for the great resource!
>

> I've been experimenting with the different 3-column layout methods and I think
> I like this version the best:
> http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/perfect-3-column.htm. However, it seems
> that the layout only works in IE6 if I send the browser into Quirks Mode by
> beginning the html/xhtml page with the following declaration:
>

> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
>

> If I delete this, the layout breaks apart in IE6. I'm wondering if anyone has
> had any luck with making this layout work after deleting the above
> declaration, thereby not using Quirks Mode?
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>

> Thanks!
>
> -Melbeach

His page works in IE/6 in standards mode or quirksmode. In either
standards mode or quirksmode, at less than 800, you'll get horizontal
crossover, as IE/6 does not support min-width.
If you are using his layout /with your stuff in it,/ it may be your
stuff that breaks his layout.

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/