Nice article. I think you have swayed me in the other direction. Now there is
just one more thing I must consider which may change my mind again. I plan to
upgrade to the new version (v5.5) of the Miva Merchant shopping cart. Older
versions didn't fare well with xhtml. I heard that the issue has been
corrected in v5.5. But if I am forced to code in HTML 4.01 - according to your
article, if I throw IE6 into quirks mode, IE7 will also go into quirks mode. I
probably don't want that to happen. So I will find out. Off to the Miva forum.

Thanks again!
-Melbeach